Monday 17 March 2014

Quick Ford V3000S (G198TS) - Part 2

Moving quickly on...

I made a very rudimentary chassis for my Valiant V3000. Just some plasticard bits and pieces, but enough to add some simplified detail to support the new wheels.


The model is now 'free standing' and I can mount it on one of my own bases to match the rest of my models from my Finnish collection. Having done this I need to finish tidying up the truck's excavated cab...


A bit rough and ready but the best I can do without removing the cab's roof to excavate the bottom half of the interior. And I don't want to do that because by the time I have drilled and shaved away and interior and carefully re-attached the roof I might as well have done this all using my 'cut & shut' method - and we want to try and make this a quick project, right?

However, even at this stage it's a bit of an improvement over the original solid one-piece model...


By adding some additional detail - like a transparent windshield - and with some careful painting I should be able to create a simple model that shouldn't look too out of place next to my plastic multi-part kits. Hopefully!

Next: Basic paint coat and cab interior detailing.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. You were asking about 20mm Finns on the SOGG site. Strelets have just issued a set of 1944 infantry (set M096 -52 figures for £5!) but they are a bit crude. They are a bit shorter and less stocky than AB figures so should be OK for 1/76.

    ReplyDelete