Saturday, 10 May 2014
Bolt Action - DIY Order Dice
I finished of my design for some Order Dice today and so had a go at trying them out on some of the blank dice I bought. I duplicated the designs onto the template I downloaded from the Blankdice.co.uk web site (each square design being 14.3mm square to fit into the indented side of the dice).
I didn't really fancy messing around with PVA glue and lots of small paper squares. Also, I thought that these labels might be easier to peel back off again if I didn't like them.
The hardiness of these prints did worry me a bit and I considered covering them with some clear sticky-backed plastic to help protect them. We shall see how long they last in use.
The labels I used were large A4 ones so there wasn't an issue with lining up the paper and it went through my printer OK. Though I did have a problem with the printer driver I was using as I couldn't seem to change the print quality and it went through as 'normal' instead of the higher quality I wanted (I will have to Google this to see what the problem is). :(
Still, they weren't too bad and the sticky label worked really well. The other way I could have done it was to print them onto a glossy photo paper and cut and stuck these on. Maybe I will try this and also see if I can solve my printer problems.
Next: On to my German Order Dice designs then I will post up the templates so anyone who likes teh designs can download them.