Wednesday 9 January 2013

Building a Rapid Fire! Finnish Army HQ - Part 4

Supply truck conversion - cheap Ford-Werke V3000 (Pt.3)
Just a little update so I can convince myself that I am making some headway with this model. Short story, as usual my idea that this would be 'quick and easy' was way off the mark as the chassis of the Pegasus GMC needs lots of shaping to fit the V3000 cab...


The 'GMC' American truck sits quite high on it's chassis and has a suspension that has to be modified so my mock V3000 looks realistic. So it hasn't been the straight forward conversion I imagined - when are they ever?

Still, I'm slowly getting there as you can see, the next stage is to fit out the cab with a dashboard, steering wheel, seats and driver (all from the Pegasus American Truck kit). These will all have to be painted before fixing permanently inside and - perhaps hardest of all - I will have to make some windscreens out of some spare clear plastic. Never done this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment