Sunday 17 February 2013

Eduard 1/144 Me 109 G-6 - Part 7

Sunday is, naturally a good day for relaxing and getting some model making done. Tim may be glad to see that I've wacked on the decals on my Finnish Me 109...


Now, unfortunately, the only 1/144 scale World War 2 Finnish Air Force decals that I was able to find were the more common hakenkreuz with the white background circle. By 1944 the Finn's Me 109s were sporting their swastikas with a grey-blue background. So, I've had to make do.

Also, I'm afraid I am not going to send myself cross-eyed by trying to do the teeny-weeny aircraft numbering. :)

Anyway, it's getting there. As Tim Gow was hinting - I think - models look loads better once you get the decals on. So, it's onto the prop and the canopy.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! As it happens I've been working on a Finnish aircraft myself today.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Ahhhh, that's not fair! ;) When are we going to see it?

      Delete
  2. Total improvement Stephen. Its going to be a ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, I'm happier with it now. Obviously, being my first 1/144, I didn't know what to expect and I got a few surprises. But I would really like to try some more aircraft in this scale now.

      Delete