Tuesday 1 July 2014

PST ZIS-6 Truck - Weathering Pt. 3

Pin-washing...
I think I am pretty comfortable with this technique now and have definitely settled on using AK Interactives Dark Brown Enamel Wash for Green Vehicles (bit of a mouth full). I know I've said it before, but I like the greasy effect you get with this wash, it does make it look like grim has built up in panel lines and recesses.


At this point - while the truck is starting to look shabby enough for me - it's all a bit flat and lacking in something. So, next I will be adding some chipping effects and light coloured bleached stains and rain and dust streaks for some variety...


NEXT: The base, and then once I have that put together I will add some mud, matching the mud of the base to the mud on the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment