|The new colour scheme for my Yanks - behind them you can see my two|
original test figures in PSC's recommended uniform scheme.
However, the consensus of opinion was that the test figure that I used this technique on was the better of the two. Who am I to ignore the democratic process? :)
Once the 'comic book' outlining was done I started to blend in paint in order to make this aggressive shading less harsh...
|On the left my original attempt at painting and outlining, on the right my|
latest go. A bit tidier this time. Practise makes perfect (eventually) I guess!
I still have to finish the shading off but I'm happier with the scheme now and will roll it out across the rest of my squads. Incidentally, the problem I had with the trousers colour - US Field Drab (873) - seems to have been in some small part to do with the white primer I used on my first two test figures. This time, with a grey primer, it went on as intended.
Next: Well, not much for a while - I want to finish my first set of Germans first!