Scrapped across the final touch of Pollyfilla to make the actual gun pit itself.
I put in some support planks to place the gun on and then drew some wheel tracks through the wet Pollyfilla. Additionally I had a go at some tiny footprints in the mud of the pit - just a lot of random shallow impression in the plaster. Hope it shows up ok once painted.
[I had intended to use Vajello's Black Lava texturing material for the ground surface, but I think I will lose the subtle detail I've added in the wet Pollyfilla if I do. So I will save this for another project.]
Next: Painting the base colours in preparation for flocking.