Friday 20 June 2014

German Squad B - Detailing Part 2

When do you stop detailing? I suppose you can go on and on, luckily I did have a plan and I stuck to it. My main concern was the completion of the insignias - I stopped short of rank badges - and the toning down of the helmet camo.


I'll admit - and I wouldn't normally say this - that I'm quite pleased with what I've done here, small jobs that they were. I kind of feel that I'm starting to get somewhere. Though I'm really glad I didn't have to do lot more helmet insignia, I wouldn't like to have to do a full army of these!

I've said this before and I will say it again, however, you have to give Zvesda a lot of the credit here by producing such a beautifully crafted German officer figure - it made my job easier.


Next: Basing.

7 comments:

  1. Sir it is just fantastic. To my point you have always been an excellent craftsman but these lovely little men are just knocking. The officer in the center ist perfekt, Mein Herr!
    Both hands and the nose have excellent shades and highlights. Even the black leather pistol bag has shades. Fantastic!!!!! Chers mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many thanks. As I said though, I have found the better the quality of the basic model the easier it is to pull off a good painting job. Zvesda seem to be really leading the way - all the Germans I bought from them have very expressive faces, while some of the PSC Germans barely have facial features. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Yea really guy! those figs are spot on. If you look up splinter cammo it looks just like yours. much patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I was watching a YouTube tutorial for Splinter camo that said it's is the 'easiest and most forgiving' camo to paint! I suppose if you compare it to some of the German 'Oakland' patterns or British Denison that maybe true, but I struggled to get it looking 'right'. Many thanks for the very kind comment.

      Delete
  3. Excellent you sure have a steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. A big thank you! It's so flattering to get the positive comments I have gotten for this project from people whose blogs I admire. Cheers!

      Delete