Sunday, 10 May 2015

Airfix 1/72 'Tilly' utility vehicle - mini-update

As the current work on the Tilly is somewhat involved - for a someone of my meagre experience - I don't yet have a full set of photos to make the latest slideshow. But I did want to show that I have made some progress, so here's a snap of the latest state of play...

The canvas tilt cover looks a little messy, but this is because I have just applied the oil paint weathering - which gives it it's patchy look. The next job is to smooth this out and tone it down, though I'm not sure about the best way to achieve this (subtle airbrushed layer or maybe charcoal powder or a wash maybe).

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! That's a very sharp looking little rig.

    Once that oil paint has settled down, I'd dust it, very lightly, with the airbrush. A final matte coat would help tie it all together as well.