Monday 27 April 2015

Airfix 1/72 'Tilly' utility vehicle Part 3

Well, despite the wife's unrelenting DIY regime I did find a little time over the weekend to make a tiny bit of progress on the 'Tilly'! As before I have documented this build by means of a video slideshow (but I have added some text commentary this time)...



It's all going fairly well, but I have hit on one small snag. To include this vehicle in the RAF 'Tomahawk' diorama I have planned I will want some RAF personnel. But, unfortunately, the Airfix Vehicle Set that the Tilly comes in doesn't include any figures at all (no drivers or ground crew).

I blatantly realised that this was because they want you to buy their own 1/72 'RAF Ground Crew' plastic figure set (naturally enough). More expense!

Still, the set does include a selection of very nicely posed ground crew and pilots (including one female WAAF). I bought the set from Amazon and have been sorting through the poses and have picked out a group I would like to include. My one qualm is that they are soft plastic figures and so have a little flash and some seams which I will have to try and get rid of.

Hope you enjoy the slideshow. As said before, I'm experimenting with this format so please feel free to make any constructive criticisms

No comments:

Post a Comment