Monday 6 October 2014

Quick '39 Chevy Truck Part 3

Oh! Look what the postman brought me. Lots of wheels!
Moving on...Or maybe moving sideways really. I've taken a diversion in this 'straight forward' project. Originally I had intended to keep the resin wheels that came with this 'ready to role' model, but it wasn't to be.

My brother has been busy with his resin experiments again and he sent me a lovely batch of truck wheels. I couldn't resist trying these out on my Chevy, so it was off with the old wheels and on with the new ones...


Had I been a little more careful I could have retained the original wheels, but inevitably I nicked them while I was using the Dremmel to cut away the excess resin attached to the underneath of the chassis. Adding these new resin wheels solves this problem which I would have had to otherwise repair using Milliput putty. It would have been do-able, but having the new wheels just seemed to be too good an opportunity to pass up.


I'm really pleased with my brother's wheels and they add to the effect I am trying to achieve - turning a solid one-piece model into one that looks a bit more like a multi-part kits so it blends in with the rest of my multi-part kits.

Next: Joining the Chevy bonnet component to the cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment