Monday 3 June 2013

1/100 Tamiya IL-28 Beagle - Part 4, Winging it

While I want to get to the putting the wings on stage of my Beagle, I'm afraid there is even more filling to do first. There are a few noticeable gaps around the engine roots - where they meet the wings - and it's a job for the Milliput this time...


Additionally there are a few small gaps in the undercarriage wells so I might as well do the job lot in one go...

Putting these parts aside to set I had a look at the bomb door and it's much the same news, ill-fitting parts which need the attention of some filler...



That done it's on to the wings themselves. Again I expect to have to do some filling at the wing roots, early test installations showed a none too exact fit. I will also have to carefully level the wings as one of the wings seems to want to lean upwards while the other down!


Well, once the wing joins are filled that will be the main part of the construction complete. All that's left to do is the undercarriage and I do have the option to add the wing-tip fuel tanks. After this it is the scary bit...The main coat of metallic silver! (The canopies will wait until the main coat is done.)

Next: Undercarriage down!

1 comment: