Friday 29 May 2020

The Mystery of the 'Bermuda Rectangle'!

As you know, I am just returning to the hobby of scale model making and tabletop war-gaming after a gap of two or three years. One of my main occupations at the moment, though, is cleaning up my junk-filled 'man cave' attic space so I can start making models again, but it's been a big job...

Errr, well my attic isn't quite this bad, it just seems like it sometimes! :)

I'll say this again - it's unbelievable the amount of junk that can build up in a household over just a couple of years. My attic became a store-room for box after box of crap, Christmas decorations (I think we could decorate three or four houses with the amount of crimble lights we have - not to mention the TREE Christmas trees of varying sizes) and the wife's shoe and out-of-season clothing collection.

Anyway (rant over)... Maybe. 😁

The point of this post is to highlight just one of the problems I am having with a hobby that was temporarily abandoned and that is - my forgetting just what stuff I had bought!

Example: In yesterday's post I mentioned how I would love to buy a couple of PSC 1/100 Panzer IV Ausf H tank models for my Kursk project. Well, while trawling back through my old Milgeek blog posts looking for a particular link I wanted I found the following post dated May 1st 2017...


Apparently, I had already bought a Battlefront Panzer IV H model!! BUT the irony is, it's disappeared under all the piles of rubbish I still have to clear away. Awwwww, bum-fluff!

Still, IF I can find the models it will have saved me buying new ones. Pretty handy as my finances are tighter than they were three years ago.

The sprues of my GF9 produced Panzer IV Ausf. H.... Wherever it is!

So, there you go - my attic is a either a portal to another dimension - in which case I hope the great ancient beings on the other side enjoy 1/100 model making - OR lurking underneath the remaining detritus I have the biggest 'carpet monster' ever!

...Oh, bit of a related postscript. Having discovered I had bought this model I checked through my Flickr photo gallery and actually found some pics I had taken of the kit (see sprues above) AND I had already started researching paint schemes for this model and save a nice graphic which will come on handy...

I like the two-tone 'splinter' camo - bottom row, third along!

1 comment:

  1. Hobby clutter is my problem as well. It's funny when I sort through my stuff and find out I actually have two "rare" items because I forgot I had already bought one.

    ReplyDelete