Friday, 9 March 2012

Armourfast T-34/85 build Part 4 - Figure painting

And now for something completely different (sort of)!

I've got a little weary of tanks this week - I have a little Soviet tank factory going on at the moment - so I thought a change of subject would be good. I turned to a little job I've been putting off for a while, my Armourfast T-34/85 crew.

This is my very first attempt at painting model figures and I'm very much feeling my way by trial and error with this. Having undercoated in black - as the main uniform colour is black - I started with the flesh layer and then dry brushed the uniform to bring out the highlight detail.

It looks a bit odd at the moment, but the next stage is to work into the detail with oil paints and hopefully this will start to create a more realistic look.

The figures - which have been chopped down - are from Orion's WW2 Soviet Tank Crew (Summer Uniform) box set.

No comments:

Post a Comment