Wednesday 3 December 2014

Featured work - 1/72 M60 Bulldozer

It's been a while since I did a featured work post, perhaps because I'm starting to look for particular effects that impress me rather than simply going 'oh, that's a pretty kit' which I was apt to do when I started blogging (not that there's anything wrong with that and I will still do that occasionally I'm sure).

Picture source: Miniafv.blogspot.co.uk - Modeller: Murad Özer
Anyway, what caught my eye about this model - from over at the terrific Miniafv blog - was how Murad Özer (the modeller) captured the bare, exposed and slightly rusty metal of the dozer blade. It's superb and I really hope to be able to practise this effect myself at some point (I have a theory that every AFV modeller will inevitably try a 'burnt out' rusty wreck diorama at some point).

I'm somewhat in awe of this model and - aside from the dozer blade - it's nice to see the American M60 modelled as I feel it's a somewhat overlooked Cold War tank.

Link to full post on the MiniAFV blog: Revell 1/72 M60 A3 & M9 Bulldozer Kit (by Murad Özer)

No comments:

Post a Comment