OK, not a major piece of progress but I hope it's of interest to someone out there...
I have made a small platform for my driver - the driver itself is one of the figures from Orion's 1:72 Soviet Tank Crew in Summer Dress set. I couldn't find any clear photos of the driver's postion with the hatch open so I sort of guessed how much of his head would show - I hope it's near enough!
The hatch also needed some detailing - with stuff like the hatch levers and handles. Quite easy to make but fiddly. :)
I don't know about you but I find photographing bare white plasticard constructions very challenging. If I use a flash it bleaches out the detail (as in the first photo above) so I end up having to under-expose.
Anyway, you can see from the picture on the left that I have simplified the inside hatch arrangement, but it should look OK at scale. Though I must do some research on how the inside of the Soviet T-34 hatches are painted as I've seen different colours used - sometimes a light cream colours (the same as the tank interior) and sometimes the same green as the outside. Also, the hatch handles are sometimes picked out in red, and sometimes just base green.
NEXT: Finishing the hull detail.