Wednesday 29 March 2017

Emergency 28mm 'Normandy' Housing Project!

...Hold everything else! I have - rather madly - 'volunteered' myself to paint half a dozen 28mm buildings for my local club. There are holding a demo game - Bolt Action Normandy themed - in a weeks time!


...But that's not the bad news...The bad news is that I have *never* painted a model building before!

OK, I did that Berlin diorama facade, but that was in 1/72 and also I had all the time in the world to work on it. And as you all know by now - I am NOT the fastest modeller/painter in the world!

I didn't even know where to start with these models, but luckily - as usual - there is a YouTube tutorial that covers this sort of thing...



Lots of big brushes and plenty of dry brushing seems to be my only hope...I am really worried I have bitten off more than I can chew this time!



Edit: Here's another video that has some useful techniques for painting buildings fairly quickly. One of the things that has surprised me - and I have started doing some research on French village houses of the period - is the use of some quite bright pastel colours - lemon yellows, sky blues, peach reds, etc. It's not just all grey!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you have not bitten off more then you can chew. Having said that, looking forward to the painted results :)

    ReplyDelete