Saturday 23 May 2020

1/100 KV-1S Turret Conversion

Following up my mention of a purchase (link here) of  couple of 3D printed model conversion parts (something new to me), I got a nice surprise in the post this morning...


After cleaning these parts up I will be mating these turrets to a couple of Zvezda KV-1 chassis. And voile! Two KV-1S tanks...


These 'heavy' Soviet tank models - as I pointed out in my original post - will not give me parity with the German Tiger 1 for my Kursk war-game. In fact, despite the fact that these were considered 'modernised' (at the time) versions of the original KV-1 tanks, the Russians had lightened the tank's armour to improve mobility, thus negating one of the few major advantages of the KV series.

Still, these monsters will look quite impressive on the game table and will provide a little variety in what might otherwise be a T-34 heavy force.

Next: I prep the 3D printed turrets and build the Zvezda plastic chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment