Saturday 23 February 2013

Featured work - Paul's Super Tweet

I love ground attack aircraft, I always have, and one day I will no doubt start a project based on my favourites. So I was really excited when Paul over at the Plastic Warriors blog posted up his Cessna A-37 Dragonfly build...


What I especially like about Paul's Dragonfly is his chipping. Weathering an aircraft model is something that has only recently occurred to me (during my 1/144 Me 109 build) as when I was a kid I always built and painted my aircraft kits pristine, without even panel lining.

The other thing about Paul's project that interested me was it reminded me of my old infatuation with the Vietnam air war. When I was young I built an Airfix AC 47 Gunship - or 'Spooky' - and I always wanted to have a go at my favourite aircraft of this conflict, the Douglas A-1 Skyraider.

Anyway, lovely model and a really nice paint job.

You can see more on Paul's blog: A-37 'Super Tweet' Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment